Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Painting the Cocoa Beach House

I went down to Cocoa Beach recently and could not resist painting and knocking some of the items off of my to do list. I painted the back of the house the last time I was there, it looked so good that I decided I just had to get the front done the next time I came down. I brought my painting clothes and my grand children were more than happy to help.



Sarah helped me with stucco patch, we had some stucco that was flaking off and just needed a little to
cover the cinder block that was showing. We filled in a few tiny cracks and a few bug entrances  here and there. Sarah was out there the whole day with me. She was a real trooper.


Ethen on the other hand loved painting, he was a big helper and really did a good job of getting it into all the bumpy areas that are so hard to get. He did all the areas that grandma gave him to finish. See the lovely flesh color that we covered up, yeah!!!


When we went out the second day to start on the front wall we had to do some trimming of the jungle before we could even fit next to the wall to be able to work. Here is the before. 


Here is after we trimmed and some of the painting is done. This ladder we borrowed from the neighbor next door was speaking to Sarah, she wanted to climb to the top and paint. 


"I know I can climb to the top and paint grandma". Oh, ok as soon as I let her climb the ladder you know her mother would walk out. My daughter Morgen kept the cold drinks and food flowing for us for the 2 days that it took us to complete the project. 


Here is the before of the house and bushes.


Here is the after, the bushes grow really fast. I love the aqua awnings they are the originals to the house. I matched the color and painted the garage door the same color. 


This deck above the garage is so dark and you get soaked every time you walk out the door.
I am calling a guy to come and put gutters on the house above the deck I think it will really help. 


Here is the before of the unpainted deck and the front door. The white walls are already a big improvement. 


Here is the after of the painted deck and the front door. I love it the aqua on the garage hardly showed up when the house was a flesh color but now it really shows great. 


Diesel posed for me by the newly painted door, so cute. 


Morgen and I made a sign for the address number and attached it to the deck. Notice that the top  of the deck still needs paint. I painted what I could reach with a step stool. There is always next time. 


Notice the dark brown area under the eves? That really bugged me and I was able to convince the gutter man that he wanted to paint that for me. I love these guys who help me. I know that work is hard to get and I am willing to pay for their services. I will certainly have more work for this guy, he was super nice and did a great job. 


Here are my new gutters and the brown paint under the eves is now white. It really looks so much better.


Here is the house and deck all painted, the gutters and eves painted. I will have to make a list of the things to do for the next trip. This was a very big chunk of my to do list for this trip. Next time we are having a lot of the trees trimmed and deciding what to do with the yard.  But that is another story.

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Cindy-It looks really great. So fresh and clean looking now. Nothing like a working vacation, is there? I hope you had SOME down time- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.