Sunday, October 23, 2011

Man Cave Project 4 WEEKS gone from my life.

I have never done any kind of construction on a large scale. I guess you could call me the sub contractor for this little project. I talked to all the men who worked on this project several times a week. First we had the site work done.


Next came the crew to set the posts, so much for clean flat rock.


Next came the framing. It was very entertaining to watch and we had great weather.


The picture above is the view from my kitchen window. Wow so much for trees and bunnies.


All the sides are up now we only have several days to put in all of the pipes that run under the floor and build a retaining wall. Did you say "WE"?
 

 Here is the retaining wall that we built in 12 hours. It turned out great.


Here are the trenches for the pipes, we were out here until eight at night and it got very dark in this garage with no lighting. I can't believe all of the mud that we are dealing with.


This is the crew who came to get the frames ready to pore the concrete. We always have to wait for these guys. I fired one roofer that was referred to us (never called us, never came by, never left a message) and hired another one that came the next day.


Yes we have floors, I won't bore you with all the trouble we had, but it was not fun. Between rain, people not coming when they say they will, rain, and more rain, it was quite the project. The garage doors are still not in and who knows when. Can't wait for the final inspection, who knows when. 


Here is a picture between the house and the new man cave. I already have plans below as to what I want to do for this area. I wonder if we could build it in 12 hours. 


Only the decking would go all the way over to the house.

Cindy

2 Vintage Portrait Dresses From 1 Vintage Gown

I have been keeping very busy, but have neglected my blog for quite some time.  I was asked by a friend to make some Portrait dresses. Here is a post about how I made two dresses from one dress.


This is the original child's gown below that I started with, it was really cute and had a satin slip under it that was huge. I decided to take another slip and build a little dress on top of it.



Here is the pattern that I was making for the bodice. This is the little slip from the back where I have just put on the panel that matches the bodice. The mom wanted something vintage, not real matchy but that would go together for her two little girls.  I took one Vintage Child's gown with a slip and made it into two little dresses.


This is the bodice all pinned on. I took a ruffle off of the vintage gown to make the bodice and ruffle around the second dress.


I took the slip from the gown  and made it into the skirt of the second dress. Here is the ruffle that I pinned along the bottom.

The slip had a small lace trim, I put the ruffle just above the trim so that the lace could peak out at the hem.


This is the second dress with the bodice finished and the skirt put on. The slip that I made the skirt out of was a satin material. I loved all of the original gathers so I just sewed them onto the slip just like they were.


Here is the little dress that I built on top of the little slip. I think it turned out really cute.


 Here is the little one that I started with it is shorter of course since I removed a large ruffle off of the bottom. They only need a few alterations and they will fit perfectly. I will update this post when I get some of the pictures from the photo shoot.


Cindy