Monday, April 25, 2011

Subway Sign

I decided a while back to make one of the subway type signs that would be words that my family used and were special to them with concerns to food. I am saying this because some of the words you see on my sign might not make much sense to anyone other than our family. But I got it done and that is what matters.


I started out with a plaque that I bought from good will for $2.00.



It took several coats of primer and then I used the color to match my kitchen table project.

I had decided on what I wanted on the sign, now all I needed to do was to draw the words on. With the help of my stencils I was able to draw the words in a cute font and  get the different size words onto the board.


Then with a fine tip marker I outlined the words.


Then I used a sharpie and filled in the words one at a time being really careful not to go outside of the lines that I made with the fine marker. I think my sign turned out really cute. I want to try another one when I get time for the laundry room.

Cindy


11 comments:

  1. That is a great idea, still thinking what to hang in my kitchen...
    Now I found this;)
    Thank you for sharing.
    Lovely greetings...

    http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, hope you and your family had a nice Easter weekend,I love your subway sign

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! We have words that make no sense in our family language. It would be neat to put them on a sign so we would never forget them. I love your idea!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a creative and adorable idea! Thanks for your sweet words on My Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! You did a good job staying inside the lines. Not sure my hand is that steady but I'd like to try it sometime. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. That sign is stylish and functional :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea!! Never thought of painting over a sign!! Love how it turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did a wonderful job! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job... I want to make one of these too but I just can't figure out what words I want to put on it. Love that you made it especially for your families likes.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. too cool! You did a fabulous job! Funny, as I was reading it in the first picture, what word jumped out at me? m&m's! hahaha LOVE them.
    Hope you had fun painting and being artistic on Mother's day. :)
    Ohh, and that patio set below? so darn cute!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.