Friday, April 15, 2011

Cute little Ruffle Shade

This is so sweet, it turned out even better than I thought it would. I have wanted to do this for a very long time and finally got around to it. 

 
I was digging around in the basement today and found a bag of satin ruffles I had sewn up a long time ago. I have been wanting to do something to my lamp shade on the kitchen table. It really bugs me when  I can see all the lamp parts, when I sit at the table. 



I think this lamp shade is much too short. See what I mean about all the lamp parts showing. Well I started out having to iron all of the ruffles they were a mess from the day that I tea stained them. I realized there were two different sizes so I first ironed the large ones to see if I would even like them on the shade. 

 
I held them up to the shade and they looked so cute, so I ironed up the whole bag. I am sure I won't need them all but I will iron them all, then I won't have to iron more, if I run short. I started on the bottom with the large ruffles, I did three rows of them and then started on the small ruffles.


 
I used a glue gun and went around the bottom edge first. Then I went around the next ruffle just covering over the ruffle below so that you can't see the rough edge of the ruffle below. I did this in the evening so the pictures are kind of yellow.


I don't see any ugly lamp parts now and I really like the lamp so much better. I painted this lamp it was a dark metal and it has little cherubs harvesting grapes, all the way around it. Really cute for the kitchen. 

Cindy
I am linking up, below you will find fun sites.









My Repurposed Life




Transformation Thursday

16 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty and romantic;)
    Really cute.
    Lovely greetings...

    http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cute, I have a shade with a little tear in it I would love to do that too, but I don't know how to do ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this project! I am hosting a Springtime Craft and Project linky party today and I would love it if you would particpate.

    There is a giveaway involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, the ruffles look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty ... the ruffles give such a fun, *vintage-y* look !! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea and I just happen to have a lamp that needs so loving attention. Hope mine turns out as well as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, I think it's adorable and you covered the lamp parts great, they drive me crazy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that was clever! And it turned out so darn cute! Thanks for your sweet comment on my sneak peeks of our bedroom makeover. Hope to see you again when I do the full reveal!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this ! I'm going to have to try it. I just got a new ruffler for my machine. So now I am looking for ways to use ruffles . lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new shade is just beautiful! I agree about seeing the lamp parts, a lot of lamps that come with shades are guilty of this. I so love the ruffles, how great that you held on to them. The 2 different sizes look perfect as they go from top to bottom, like it was meant to be. Do you have a ruffler? I need to get one, it would save time I think. I love me some ruffles too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shade! it turned out so great, the lamp looks so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I love how soft and feminine it looks:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I highly fascinated by the brightness of the lamp and pic.Good post and well done.Anyway plz do check my blog on freeing your mind read it,follow,be inspired and comment to improve my works too.Have a wonderful day.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THis is a gorgeous transformation! I have been looking for ways to change an old lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a sweet way to dress up a lamp!
    I love it!
    gail
    "catching" you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I am a new follower. I was blogg hopping and found you. I was sold with the ruffled chair and then sold again on the ruffled shade. I'm not a sewer, but I know I could make a ruffle. I'm inspired to try.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.