This is so sweet, it turned out even better than I thought it would. I have wanted to do this for a very long time and finally got around to it.
I was digging around in the basement today and found a bag of satin ruffles I had sewn up a long time ago. I have been wanting to do something to my lamp shade on the kitchen table. It really bugs me when I can see all the lamp parts, when I sit at the table.
I think this lamp shade is much too short. See what I mean about all the lamp parts showing. Well I started out having to iron all of the ruffles they were a mess from the day that I tea stained them. I realized there were two different sizes so I first ironed the large ones to see if I would even like them on the shade.
I held them up to the shade and they looked so cute, so I ironed up the whole bag. I am sure I won't need them all but I will iron them all, then I won't have to iron more, if I run short. I started on the bottom with the large ruffles, I did three rows of them and then started on the small ruffles.
I used a glue gun and went around the bottom edge first. Then I went around the next ruffle just covering over the ruffle below so that you can't see the rough edge of the ruffle below. I did this in the evening so the pictures are kind of yellow.
I don't see any ugly lamp parts now and I really like the lamp so much better. I painted this lamp it was a dark metal and it has little cherubs harvesting grapes, all the way around it. Really cute for the kitchen.
I am linking up, below you will find fun sites.