Thursday, April 21, 2011

Canary yellow Patio Set

Well remember my post from when I painted the deck at the beach house? My daughter suggested that we paint the cute patio set Canary yellow. A few of the followers agreed that Canary yellow would be great for this little set. I went and bought indoor outdoor paint for metal at Walmart, they usually have a good selection. These little chairs were totally oxidized from the salt air.



The cup of coffee is on the table but you could not even enjoy the set the way it was. It was totally scratchy and horrible to sit down on. It left white stuff all over your clothes. 




This beautiful little set came with the house when we bought it. Someone had sprayed some graffiti colors on a few of the chairs and the top of the table. 


I took a sponge sander and the garden hose and totally washed all the salt and oxidation off one of the chairs. I sprayed the chair on a blanket in the back yard.



You can see some of the pink graffiti paint on this chair. 
It took about 4 coats spraying them lightly each time for complete and even coverage. I only finished one chair but I loved the look and especially the feel of the shiny new finish. I was leaving for home and could not finish the set.


My daughter went down to the beach house and asked where I bought the yellow paint in case she needed more. I was so excited that she was going to finish the set. Much to my surprise I get a notification in my e-mail today to check out some pictures. 



Oh my gosh I was thrilled with how the set turned out. Too cute, the cushions are from Walmart as well and she decided on doing the table in white. I think it turned out adorable. Good job Morgen!!!


What a wonderful little place to sit and visit over a cold glass of lemonade. 

Cindy

http://www.somewhatsimple.com/wp-content/uploads/2000/01/link-party-thursday.png


Transformation Thursday


Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

  1. Super cute... Cindy I hope you and your family have a wonderful and Happy Easter...

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And once the house is painted it will look even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) love the warm yellow color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect with the yellow and white... it looks so inviting the way it is. I have been looking for a set like that for my deck. They are so expensive here though. Lucky you they left it for you.

    Hope you are having a blessed Easter weekend.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new yellow color. It looks so fresh and inviting.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out beautifully...so cheery and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great...so nice and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Cindy! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? The link is at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-042411.html. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It looks like romantic lace. She did a beautiful job painting it.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing better than yellow on outdoor furniture! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.