Sunday, March 6, 2011

What keeps distracting me????

My husband and I have been at the house in Florida for over two weeks. I had a list of things a mile long that I wanted to do. I keep being distracted by things and I can't figure out why I am not getting much done.


I did go thrift shopping and found a great many bargains. I had fun with my mom, we must have gone to a dozen shops that day. 

I took my mom and dad to the Daytona 500 and it was a great day.


This is my dad and my sweet husband.  I wanted to take my dad and my honey made it happen. It was a great day and we had a great time, I will never forget it. 


Then there was the shuttle launch that is something you don't see every day. It was only 57 seconds long but I won't forget this one either.


We then went to Jetty park which is just North of Cocoa Beach and thought it would be fun to have a picnic. We backed the van up to the inlet and enjoyed watching the dolphins. It was really relaxing to have a tailgate picnic. We ate our subs, while watching the cruise ships go by. I cannot believe how big these are. I have never been on one, but they were something to see going past. 


Today I got up super early 5:45 to watch my daughter (in the turquoise shirt) run a 5 K with her friends. They are all beautiful young women. They became friends through TWLOHA  an organization that they all believe in. Holly has become a different person through her own determination and the help of friends like these. We are so proud of her and what she has accomplished.


My husband just retired like 3 weeks ago, it can't continue at this pace can it? You see what I mean about not having time to do much. Every time I turn around we are off to some exciting adventure.


I did spend the day yesterday with Zach around the house. We got a lot done, but also fooled around a lot. We must have spent a half an hour just tossing toys off the deck, watching my new puppy Diesel fly through the air so we could capture a picture of him. He is so cute.

I promise that I will get back on track with my projects. I think if I don't I will have to re-do the blog to be about the exciting times in retirement that we are having so far. I am so tired every night.

Cindy



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks, mom! I am so glad you guys were able to come! The girls loved you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you were plenty busy to me! Your baby Diesel is adorable!! And so happy you got to make the trip to the Daytona 500 with your dad! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peacocks and puppies! You are off on a new adventure! Thank you for visiting my blog! I just LOVE your little Diesel! What a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.