Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thrift Share

We went to several thrift shops this week and found some great stuff. My mom and dad are visiting for the week and we took off on Monday for a day out together. I was on the hunt for a dresser.


I needed lamps and thought these were really cute. Of course they were filthy but that is half the fun fixing them up. The guy wanted $10 each but he finally told me $7.50 after I pointed out that I needed to rewire them.

These little duck planters are adorable and will be going onto the Etsy shop. I think they are in perfect condition and could not pass up their cuteness.


I collect the old shell boxes when I see them. The glass diamond thing I thought I would decoupage. A great picture behind the back it will look cute.


I needed some of this trim to finish a chair I am doing, I think I am going to try and dye it brown.

This painted plate was just beautiful and has the signature of the artist on it. I could not resist the little metal frame, it is really very ornate and will be cute for something.

Great day was had at every thrift shop, I never found the dresser I was looking for.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those lamps!!!! And the little duckies are so adorable. I have several of those little animal planters on a shelf they always remind me of my grandmother :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm your newest follower. I love what you do, and understand the need to be creative, I feel the same way. Being creative helps make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those lamps. I'm looking for some interesting one's myself and those would fit the bill. Great little planters, so cute! Thanks so much for joining Junkin Finds Friday! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lamps are amazing! Love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I've got a thing for lamps and you got a great deal on your new lamps! Very pretty and so is the table you have them on!
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds, I'd love to see these lamps when they're finished. Thanks for linking up with VIF. I'd love for you to grab the VIF button!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up to my treasures and trinkets party! You found some great treasures! I love thrifting..I think I'd go every day if I had time and my wallet agreed. :)
    Missy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.