Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chair (cher)n. That is what I, am working on.

Chair (cher)n. 1. a piece of furniture for one person to sit on, having a back and, usually, four legs.

Everyone that knows me, knows, I love chairs. I could do a speech on the special aspects of a chair. I have worked on every kind of chair there is. When someone asks me, if I have any chairs in my inventory, I really have to laugh. "What kind of chair," is always my first question back to them. Sometimes they reply well I just want a chair for one of my bedrooms. Then the questions really begin.


Would you like an arm chair?


Or maybe something armless, in Pink??


Or maybe a white armless chair in cream with a pink pillow?? 

After not getting a reaction I say "how about something simple"


Too simple?


Too antique?


You don't care for the fabric, but you love the lace?


How about these? Oh too, out doors'ish?


How about something, a little fancier? Oh you want it to have arms, Ok?


Oh ok, you want, fancy with arms but not, a rocker?
I have a perfect one for you but it is really going to cost you a lot.




Look at you it fits your personality perfectly.

I Love to please people. I hated to get rid of this one, but if it makes you happy, that is all that is important.

Here is a sneak peak at what I am working on. I bet after this post you can't guess what it is. 
Can't say it is a horrible snow day, we have 61 and beautiful skies here in Virginia.
It won't last long though.


Wow, I have a real vision for this, more to come this week.

Cindy

For more cool vintage stuff check out Vintage Thingie Thursday









giveaways
















9 comments:

  1. I love the one with the toile cushion! I'll be on the lookout for your makeover of the last one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is th3e fancy whie one with arms. Looks like an outdoor fancy lawn chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cindy! What a wonderful post! Your collection of chairs is so fun ... I LOVE the pair of wrought iron ones with the pink fabric back and the ruffles. SO CUTE! I took an adult-ed upholstery class once - it's hard work. Kudos to you for bringing these vintage beauties back to life. Great job! I'm your newest follower and your linky neighbor at Vintage Thingie Thursday. I hope you'll visit me too at Cottage and Creek. Love your blog!
    ~ Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all but especially the armless white one with the pleated pink throw pillow. Lovely combo, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very clever post! great job on those super cute chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the armless chair in cream with the pink pillow! I am your newest follower because I don't want to miss out on any of your posts. Stop by for a visit when you have a chance!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection of chairs! I love the shabby white with the pink pillow- darling! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful flirty chairs - the ruffles are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your assortment of chairs.. looking forward to seeing your makeover on the last chair!.. take care, Maryannn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.