Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thrift Shared Time

It is no secret to anyone who knows me as to what makes me tick. I mean really, I love to thrift shop, yard sale and just browse any little shop that will let me in. I look for things that draw me in and really provoke thoughts. I am attracted to a lot of different items, but only a few do I decide to keep as my own.


Beautiful Little Brown Clock
This is one of the items that I collect, I can't even tell you why.  Don't you ever wonder what happened at 17 minutes after four when this clock stopped. Who did it belong to and where did it sit for years to wear that much paint off of its little feet. I paid $1.00 for this clock and I really love it.


This one was from a yard sale and there were two that were exactly the same. This one was unplugged at 12:00. Was it on moving day?


This one has stains so I imagine that it was used at a car shop or something. You know the kind of shop office off to the side of the mechanics shop, stacked full of papers and has the ash tray full of cigarette butts.


Awwwe poor little Baby Ben, you have been through a lot. No glass on this one and the second hand is gone. The hour hand is totally bent and the face is even crooked. I think this one was totally tossed around and no one cared about rescuing it, except me of course. I never pay a lot for my thrift finds, I do kind of feel like I am rescuing them. I take them home and clean them off and add them to my shelf of clocks.



Some of them are very fancy, this one screams when you plug it in.  I chose to leave it at 20 minutes to 3:00 one of my favorite times from the past, I think it was the exact time my children came off the bus from school. I would love to have that time again.

cindy

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the little brown clock!! And the white auto shop one! I'm going to have to start looking at clocks now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy, those clocks are really cool I have found some at GW that I can't believe that people just get rid of... They must be out of there minds.LOL.... Have a great week.

    Happy Monday
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those clocks are wonderful. I'm reminded of black & white movies from the thirties and Masterpiece Theater. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment on my mantel..I love it too! :) Your clocks are so cute!

    :)
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story about why you like 20 minutes to 3. I think that would be one of my most favorite times of the day, too, if I had children. Right now, it is about 4:15 cause that is when my husband calls to say he is on his way home...

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you set the time for when you children came home...very sweet! I love your clocks~ the second one is on my mantel right now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, that is such a sweet post, thank you for linking it up to Treasures and Trinkets! I too love vintage things..they have a story..a history, and I like that. :)
    Hope you'll come back next week and join the party again, you're always welcome!
    Hugs
    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.