Saturday, January 15, 2011

Not just for China Anymore

These are a few of the pieces that I have done for other people. I just love the fact that furniture can be remade into lovely pieces that can be used in any room of the house.



This piece turned out beautiful I added the floral swags to the front, top and drawer. This piece was done for a lady who did a lot of sewing and wanted it for her small folded fabrics. Her cutting matts fit perfectly in the drawer below along with her special cutting tools and her templates.



I didn't have to add anything to this piece. Of course the normal preparation took forever. I painted this for a lady who wanted to use it in her daughters bedroom. Her daughter didn't have a lot of pink in her room and the mother thought this would be a wonderful focal point of the room. Her daughter has a lot of special tiny dolls that they wanted to display. She told me that she would use the drawer to store the boxes that the dolls came in.


This piece was actually a marriage of two pieces. The top was found at a thrift shop and was bright orange but I knew it had potential. I went to an antique mall and found the dresser on the bottom. This piece turned out so pretty. The lady who got this was going to use it as an entertainment center in her bedroom. I think it would be really lovely for something like that.





giveaways

Cindy

8 comments:

  1. You have done some wonderful pieces! I love the colors and the detail you added. Thanks so much for popping by my blog, and I look forward to seeing your first upholstery project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have guessed that one piece was made out of two pieces! What a perfect fit! Love all the pretty white, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving pink and that piece is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pieces are all stunning!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love redoing old furniture pieces like this. Your look lovely but it would have been nice to see the before of the pieces. You did a great job marrying the two pieces to look like one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wondered what people did with the hutch tops in the thrift store, now I know...looks great! I hope that you will link this up with my Show and Share Sunday linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-share-sunday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on these pieces. I have a piece that I would love to paint but I have to get my nerve up first...it's an entertainment center and too big to replace if I screw it up! I found you over at Somewhat Simple and I'm a follower now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.