Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Kitchen Table needed a little more.

I painted my kitchen table last week. It was long over due and since I had painted the kitchen it really didn't fit in anymore.






Here is the before, I liked it when my kitchen was yellow and it was time for a change. I chose a pale blue and white to go with to try and tie in my new laundry room design.


I did several coats of polycrylic ( it does not yellow) because it leaves a really nice protective coat.
I lived with it for about a week and then decided it needed a little more. So I got out my pencil and started to sketch a branch of a tree.







I wanted it to look like a shadow of a tree on the table. I wanted it to be soft and simple. I took the pale blue and mixed in just a few drops of black paint. I just used craft paint to darken the pale blue just a little.



I then painted in my branches and the leaves that I had drawn in with a pencil. It seemed like I was painting the same color on until it dried and then the branches and the leaves started to stand out.



I like how it turned out, so soft and pretty. I have recessed lights and they make it very  hard to take a picture without getting some reflection.

Domestically Speaking




Cindy

6 comments:

  1. that turned out gorgeous. i love the leaves and branches, great touch. really makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I am so jealous of your drawing talent. If I tried to do that, it would look like a pile of sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. And an original at that. Hope you signed it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful. I loved the first design, too! Did you paint that as well? Great idea!
    I'm having a giveaway for a FREE gallon of paint. Hope you can join...alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! great job. simple, yet elegant and natural!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.