Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kitchen projects...

I decided since it was so cold out yesterday that I needed to complete some of my projects. I looked at my lists and nothing seemed to jump out at me.

 

I started cleaning in the kitchen and decided that the wallpaper just didn't need any more scrubbing, it needed a new look. I have been wanting to change things in there and brighten. I had a roll of Beadboard wallpaper and decided maybe to try that. I didn't know if I had enough. I didn't want to remove the old wallpaper and had heard as long as you prime over the old wallpaper you could paper right over it. I had the primer and the paper and I had the time.


I started by priming just the little wall that is between the two pantries to see how it looked and then  I could continue if I liked it. If not I could always pull it all off and do something different.



I always measure my wallpaper and add an inch for the top and the bottom just to make sure it fits. I  start my cutting on a square by putting the wallpaper into the corner of a table, then I measure the length, it makes my cutting so much more squared off to start with.



My first piece went up and I liked it already. I will trim the extra off after it drys because when the paper is wet it just seems to tear. At this point I went ahead and primed the rest of the walls so that they had time to dry while I was papering the first area. It went rather quickly even though I had to wet the paper in the bathtub. My basement is a mess and I know I have a wallpaper tray but finding it would take forever.


It turned out so nice, I love it. It really makes my area look so neat and clean.






Join in and link up for some fun projects.


cindy

10 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! So fresh and light. I love beadboard wallpaper. I've got a little left over from a project and I'm trying to decide where I should use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what a little change can make,, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great small fixup! nice job, and great tips about wallpaper
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love beadboard and this wallpaper looks like the real thing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Dropping by from Met Monday.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this looks wonderful! You did a great job on such a cold day! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...looks really great and just like the real thing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful update! The new paper makes the kitchen brighter and lighter!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I think I'll be doing that instead of tiling a kitchen backsplash.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.