Monday, January 17, 2011

Details make it Special

Don't you think we are all rather romantic people. I am very in tune with my romantic side. I love to  think of things that people want to see when I re- do a piece of furniture. 


I love a rose, a piece of lace a little paint rubbed off on the edge of a piece. I don't know what it is about a worn piece but I love the feeling that I get when I look at it. 


 
I love cut work and I love the carved details in an antique piece.



 I really adore the look of cane and the painted details that you can include.


The curvy lines of the French Provincial Style are timeless.


Serpentine shapes are always a great choice. 









I like to add more detail to my pieces to make them really special without going over the top.
The old and the new blend well on this piece.


Even a little element of surprise in the drawers is a nice touch.
I know I should have been born a princess, when I see the rooms with all of the ornate moldings covered with gold leaf, I seem to feel right at home.

Be sure to check out the link party

Miss Mustard Seed Link Party
Furniture Feature Fridays



Cindy

4 comments:

  1. The details are stunning. When I come to a blog that's new to me, I always read the bio. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish you both love and light. And, my dear, I do believe you are a princess, or maybe a queen? I bet your daughter agrees ;)

    Would love for you to drop by and link up to Passion for Paint this weekend.

    http://MuralMaker1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.