Friday, December 17, 2010

Projects I am working on

Well I have been working on a few projects for Christmas and thought I would share them. I finally found a couple little bottle brush trees at a drug store and bleached them. I have heard that you can do that, but I didn't want to do it to one of my old ones.


 I bought the two of these for $1.40.  I put water in the sink and poured in bleach, quite a bit and let them sit. When I came back they were perfect. It took about a half an hour and then I rinsed them good and put them in the window to dry. A lot of the fake snow fell off but they look a lot older now too.




I am working on another wreath and rolling my little heart out. I have an old hymnal that I am using with the sheet music and putting it all together.  I made about 8 of these last year.




My daughter said she left her's here and I can't find it so I am making her another one. I want it to be special so I am changing the center and will post it later to show you the difference in this one and the ones that I made last year. They turn out so pretty and you can hang them all year long.




I had better get back to work so that I can finish some of what I have started.

cindy

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for the bottle brush trees. And the hymnal sheet wreaths are pretty!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try bleaching some bottle brush trees, thanks for the tip. I love the wreath--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.