Monday, December 13, 2010

Gift Basket Craft

My husband told me to make it easy on myself and give his parents and my parents a gift basket. I went to all the sites offering gift baskets and not only was I surprised at the cost, but I was really surprised at the quality, or lack of quality of the items in the baskets. Oh know! I can feel my thrift kicking in.





I went to the thrift shop and got a couple of cute baskets.





I didn't pay much for any of the baskets and then went around the thrift shop to find little decorations  for in the baskets.







I got most of these decorations for $1.00 each between the thrift shop and the dollar store.


Got the poinsettias for .50 and thought I could use those to cut apart and decorate the baskets. I just loved this cute little plate and had to have it.




 Then I went to the amish bulk food store and found all kinds of really neat stuff that was very inexpensive. I had to repackage all of the bulk stuff into smaller bags and tied a pretty toole bow on each after rolling them in baggies and taping them shut. I had fun picking out the stuff they like.




Here is what I came up with





 I think this one came out cute, Alison found a cute santa mug and paid for it with her own money for in the basket for grandma. 


This one has bells that hang on the door knob, they were $1.00 at the dollar store.






They all came out so cute I did a few more as gifts. The ones that had to be shipped I wrapped in paper and just slipped them into a box with newspaper all around. 
Merry Christmas Grandma and Grandpa

For more great ideas be sure to visit the link partys at Apron Thrift Girl
cindy

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your basket idea! I am using thrift items for Christmas Presents too. I love finding items that I think my friends will love and you don't have to worry with someone else buying the same stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BRILLIANT! Mind if I copy it? We are doing gc for most of Mr. B's family..and this would be an excellent way to doll it all up. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now I am on a mad scramble to make one for my BF's mom. What a great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great idea. I'm stashing that one away for next year. BRILLIANT !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.