Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thrifted Gifts are done

I wanted to let everyone see what I have done with my thrift items. I bought a bunch of stuff and wanted to make things for Christmas out of them. They turned out really cute. Here are the items before I worked on them.





I painted everything black because that seems to be the new white. I took some old pages out of vintage scrap books. They are hard to work with because they are very brittle. I picked out some images and printed them onto the vintage scrap book pages. I then decoupaged them to the pieces.



I think the clock turned out really nice. I put a coat of modge podge over the top after the pieces had dried. I also used rub and buff antique gold on the front of the clock and around the face area.




The other pieces turned out pretty good too. I can't believe that is the same ugly little .50 cent plaque.




I decided to do a few of the boxes as well I like to give candy and treats in something during the holidays.  I look for these at yard sales and then make them into my containers to give at Christmas.






All of these cost me just 5.00 to make, I had the paint and the paper. It is amazing what you can come up with on our thrifted items.

1 comment:

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.