Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Little French Chest



Wow,  I think I really paid too much for this little piece, $20.00.   I never pay that much for a piece but it is exactly what I need for my bedroom, for my smaller pieces of clothing. I know that I can make this piece wonderful, even though it is missing knobs and all.


The front leg is hanging and the drawers are kind of wonky. The top portion is loose from the bottom portion but all in all it is what I want. I did smell it first to make sure I was not in for the smelly piece.

I am kind of worried about matching up the knobs or coming up with some alternative.  I do have a stash of knobs that I collect when I see bags of knobs at yard sales.  I don't run into nice knobs that often, but when I find them at the right price I grab them. One of my motto's "buy the knobs the dresser will come".  I hope this piece does not take forever I am really excited about getting it done.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little dresser! I'll bet it turns out really cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.