This is the cute little chest when I started out. It was missing knobs, the top was loose, the leg was falling off, a real mess. But, it was the perfect little chest for in my bedroom and I had to have it even though it was a whopping $20.00. I took off all of the hardware, cleaned the surface, sanded and glued the top to the bottom. There was still a big gap between the top 3 drawer section and the bottom section but I decided I could trim that out. Both top surfaces are laminate so I had to sand them really good to take the paint. I painted it with a really good primer, then with sugar white oops paint. White oops paint is quite the find. I fixed the leg and added some wood antique trim. I got a huge bundle of beaded wood trim at a yard sale along with a bunch of dowels. I love the trim and put it on special pieces to add some style.
Wow it turned out really cute, see all of the beaded trim that I added. I took off some decorations that were on the chest and because of the new knobs could not use them but I will save them for another project. I had to put several of the knobs upside down on the top portion because of the little drawers they did not fit right but I like them that way. I got these knobs from my stash and painted and sanded them to get the look that I wanted.
Here is where I added a small trim to cover the gap between the top of the chest and the bottom of the chest. It looks really sweet in my bedroom and it took me about 3 days with all of the gluing that I had to do. I bought new drawer stays and I need to attach them so they are not so wonkey, but other than that I just love how this piece turned out.
Tomorrow I start on my laundry room makeover, Oh boy I hope I am ready for this one.