Monday, November 29, 2010

The Little Chest is done. How Cute




This is the cute little chest when I started out. It was missing knobs, the top was loose, the leg was falling off, a real mess.  But, it was the perfect little chest for in my bedroom and I had to have it even though it was a whopping $20.00. I took off all of the hardware, cleaned the surface, sanded and glued the top to the bottom. There was still a big gap between the top 3 drawer section and the bottom section but I decided I could trim that out. Both top surfaces are laminate so I had to sand them really good to take the paint. I painted it with a really good primer, then with sugar white oops paint.  White oops paint is quite the find. I fixed the leg and added some wood antique trim. I got a huge bundle of beaded wood trim at a yard sale along with a bunch of dowels. I love the trim and put it on special pieces to add some style.


Wow it turned out really cute, see all of the beaded trim that I added. I took off some decorations that were on the chest and because of the new knobs could not use them but I will save them for another project. I had to put several of the knobs upside down on the top portion because of the little drawers they did not fit right but I like them that way. I got these knobs from my stash and painted and sanded them to get the look that I wanted. 





Here is where I added a small trim to cover the gap between the top of the chest and the bottom of the chest.  It looks really sweet in my bedroom and it took me about 3 days with all of the gluing that I had to do.  I bought new drawer stays and I need to attach them so they are not so wonkey, but other than that I just love how this piece turned out. 


Tomorrow I start on my laundry room makeover, Oh boy I hope I am ready for this one.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is such a great before and after! You are really talented at refinishing. I have a few pieces that I have yet to tackle. Hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just found ya! I am a new follower! Wheeewwwwy! Is this a beauty! Excellent job! Looks like a million. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future! YAY!!!

    I hope you can swing by my blog and join me as well. Take care.
    http://dejarenew.blogspot.com
    Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful! Love this chest on chest. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...What a unique piece. I have never seen anything like it. You did an amazing job!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a dresser like this, I love it and it looks amazing!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though it's $20 for a piece in such bad shape, I think it's totally worth it! Look at the beauty you created :) It has such great shape, and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers. Questions, or comments are always welcome.